The Video Quality Inspector conducts post installation inspections to verify that quality installation standards are met and maintained. Inspections are completed on all facets of video installations, including physical placement of conduit, category 5 and fiber optic cable, wall jacks, hardware, racks and communications equipment as required.
Also includes but is not limited to surveys, installing other conveyances, pulling and terminating cable, determining and implementing required pin outs, installation of equipment chase cards, power supplies, racks, patch panels, etc. testing and documenting installation, dressing and labeling cables, patch panels, etc.
- Will support site surveys for complex projects and provide input for the materials list, labor estimates for preparation of bids and proposals by the Surveyor.
- Responsibilities also include integration management, planning and installing new systems and conducting ad hoc modifications to existing systems
- Reads project and work schedules, works with Project Scheduler/Manager advising of all significant events that impact successful completion of assigned installation work schedules.
- Leads cable plant installation projects and supervises employees involved in direct installation of telecommunications / network cable subsystems at various locations.
- Conduct post installation inspections to verify that quality installation standards are met and maintained.
- Provide "on the job training" appropriate for all new hires and installation personnel as required
- 2-4 years' experience as an installation supervisor
- Experience with single mode and multi-mode fiber cable
- Demonstrated knowledge of EIA/TIA, IEEE and OSHA standards
- Should possess manufacturer training such as AMP or ORTONICS training in copper and fiber termination testing
- Must be PC literate and should have experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with conduit preferred
- Experience with AUTOCAD preferred
- Must have positive customer relations experience
- Applicants must be able to provide proof of a valid driver's license and insurance
- BICSI certification preferred
- Associates degree in a computer field and seven (7) years of related experience.
- Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.