Jacobs is one of the world's leading providers in technical, professional and construction services. We specialise in architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and consulting. Our client portfolio includes industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
Due to recent project successes and a strong project pipeline within our Melbourne Transport team, we currently have an opportunity for Senior Design Engineer. Reporting to the Rail Section Leader, you will provide technical engineering input for design and construction, including safety, quality and program for rail systems packages including OHW, signalling and track & civil.
Key work areas of the role will include:
- Undertake design and project management of rail projects
- Assuming responsibility for management of small to medium scale projects. This will include cost estimates, tender submissions, technical documentation, and project scheduling and meeting deadlines and budgets
- Maintaining appropriate systems and procedures to ensure reliability, viability and auditability of design deliverables
- Assisting in training and mentoring of Graduates
- Fostering and maintaining good client relationships
- Experience in a similar role with significant experience working in a Consultancy environment
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
- Track record in project management (achieving budgets, timeframe and customer requirements)
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Sound analytical ability, excellent written and presentation skills.
- A commitment to quality and accuracy
At Jacobs we offer rewarding careers with ongoing development opportunities, flexible working arrangements and a culture that is collaborative and inclusive. We believe in collaboration and knowledge sharing, from global virtual teams to local work sharing options.
Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below. #LI-JC1
Please note: If you are being represented by recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.