Jacobs Technology is a large business specializing in providing engineering and technical services to various Government customers. Jacobs Technology Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jacobs Engineering Inc. (NYSE: JEG) - one of the nation's largest engineering, architecture, technology, and construction firms - with annual revenues exceeding $12B and more than 70,000 personnel worldwide. We have been an integral partner of the Government in supporting the development of virtually every aerospace and defense program over the past 60 years. Sustained superior performance in each of these operations while maintaining a world-renowned commitment to safety and quality is a hallmark of Jacobs.
Jacobs currently has an opening for a VTC Operator that will be located in the Reston, VA area. The candidate will provide specialized VTC support to executive level customers and special events. The operator will serve as a member of the video operations support staff, providing assistance to VTC customers.
- Provide VTC scheduling assistance to customers.
- Setup and monitor MCU based conferences.
- Assist customers with connecting to conferences.
- Provide email and telephone support to the VOC as needed.
- Coordinate with distant end users to ensure successful video conferences.
- Instruct users in the operation of the VTC user control panel and all other end user VTC equipment.
- Performs VTC technical assistance to local users on an as needed basis.
- Provide recommendations to management on improved equipment reliability and conference quality.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reports to management.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, days - evening - night shift
Active TS/SCI with Poly Required
Education and Experience:
Two (2) years of college in a computer field and five (5) years of related experience or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience for a total of seven (7) years. Progressive relevant training and/or certification in appropriate discipline may be substituted for one (1) year of the education or experience requirement.
S kills & Experience:
- Attention to detail.
- Must be willing to work shifts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills to troubleshoot complex VTC problems.
- Self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Professional oral and written presentation skills.
- Professional appearance is a must.
- Polycom VTC and CISCO/Tandberg VTC experience.
- JWICS VTC and Scheduler experience.