Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Economist within our Energy, Waste & Water team based in Birmingham. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
As a Graduate Economist you could be working on regulatory assurance, business planning, costing, asset management and information systems. You will form part of the consultancy team based in Birmingham. Responsibilities likely to include:
- Driving health and safety through everything we do. Carrying out consultancy functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality
- Providing strategic consultancy advice to utility companies and regulators
- Working on strategic consultancy projects
- Being part of a multi - disciplinary project team in a matrix environment integrated with the client
- Work within and influence an integrated Jacobs/client team and be seen as an exemplar strategist and business performance advisor
- Minimum of a Degree or Honours Degree in an engineering, asset management or economics related discipline
- Demonstrable academic achievement in one or more of the following areas: Regulation - Assurance, Plan Assessment, Plan Development, Strategic Advice, Retail Separation, Outcomes; Business Planning - Project and Programme Costing, Unit Costing, Whole Life Costing, Accounting Separation, Efficiency Assessment, Programme Optimisation; Asset Management - ISO xxxxxxxAssessment, Asset Care Planning, Asset Criticality, Maintenance Planning, Asset Management Programme Management; Information Systems - Data Collection, Asset Condition and Performance Assessment, Data Improvement, GIS/BIM, Asset Inventory, Asset Management Systems
- Excellent data analytical skills
- Good report writing skills
- Strong team working and communication skills
- Masters Degree in an engineering, asset management or economics related discipline
- Awareness of regulation including the price review and business planning process
Other Essential Functions:
Flexibility in terms of travel (UK and international).
Start your journey with Jacobs
As well as our accredited training programmes which will help you to achieve professional status, you will be supported by an experienced mentor to complete the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP). Working through a range of internal and external training courses, key skills will aid your development in all technical management and interpersonal skills required for success in a project focused environment. As well as development opportunities, we offer a range of benefits to complement a competitive salary:
- Salary increase for every GDP key skill completed on time
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. Imagine the possibilities...
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.