Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Jacobs has a long history in the field of water engineering and our process engineers undertake water and wastewater treatment design from feasibility stage through detailed design, construction and commissioning. Our services range from the scoping and analysis of potential developments in water and wastewater infrastructure, through construction and commissioning of new resource schemes to the efficient management of established operations. The company has completed contracts in countries throughout the world, working on schemes involving Chemical Engineering in water supply and treatment, sewerage and wastewater treatment, industrial wastewater treatment, petrochemicals, nuclear, hydropower, heavy industry and agriculture.
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Process Engineer within our UK Water and Wastewater Process Team based in Glasgow. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
As Graduate Engineer you will be involved in the design, construction and commissioning of water and wastewater projects. You will have opportunities to work across other sectors of the company in addition to within Water. Responsibilities associated with this post will include:
- Undertaking technical and feasibility studies
- Site monitoring and investigations for root cause analysis
- Participating in outline designs and detailed design
- Supporting tendering procedures and putting together proposals
You will hold, or be working towards a MEng in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent) - 2(i) or above preferred. Relevant work experience would also be advantageous although not essential. We would expect you to be an enthusiastic, proactive Engineer who has:
- Strong team working
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Mathematical and Computer software skills
- A focus on results and project delivery
- Previous work experience with an engineering company in water/wastewater or other sectors
Can also be based in Edinburgh.
Start your journey with Jacobs
As well as our accredited training programmes which will help you to achieve professional status, you will be supported by an experienced mentor to complete the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP). Working through a range of internal and external training courses, key skills will aid your development in all technical management and interpersonal skills required for success in a project focused environment. As well as development opportunities, we offer a range of benefits to complement a competitive salary:
- Salary increase for every GDP key skill completed on time
- An invitation to attend our residential 'Graduate Conference' weekend in the Lake District to meet Jacobs graduates from across the globe and members of senior management
- Paid holidays of up to 32 days; inclusive of national and public holidays
- A broad flexible benefits package including the option to buy additional holidays, travel insurance, contributory pension scheme and the cycle to work scheme.
Join Jacobs. Imagine the possibilities...
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.