At ABB, it's the people that matter most-to us and our customers. Which is why we're always looking to add more talent to our team. Knowledge is critical. Drive is essential. Creativity is key. Currently we are looking for a candidate to join our Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) team. This team provides a comprehensive offering of information, advisory, and software applications which support energy market participants and market operators to assess infrastructure investments such as new power stations and transmission lines as well as provide critical information and systems to support energy operations.
The Velocity Suite team is seeking a highly motivated Database Administrator to participate with the design and development of code within SQL Server (T-SQL) RDBMS platform to directly support back end and front end architecture for a complex .NET-based customer application. This individual will work on a team of talented engineers responsible for the full lifecycle of production software applications - including large data volumes and database-based systems.
The role is accountable for the following activities:
• Database monitoring for alerts, data accuracy and completeness;
• Client facing support for frontend SQL Azure database - PaaS & IaaS;
• Proficient with SQL HA-DR troubleshooting and performance tuning of VLDBs;
• IaaS to PaaS migration, maintenance and troubleshooting;
• Develop, and maintain software (stored procedures, custom T-SQL code, MS Data Factory) that deliver data to our front end systems;
• Provide unit tests for database code and/or applications;
• Contribute to our team's growing set of development platforms, tools, and processes especially within the area of Business Intelligence for future projects;
• Serve as a technical lead on data services related projects.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience;
• 3+ years of database administration in large reporting environment(s);
• Experience with developing PL/SQL and/or T-SQL based procedures;
• Proficient with troubleshooting HA-DR concepts in SQL Server - Always On, Replication etc.;
• Keen eye for designing and maintaining System/SQL documentation;
• Designing database schemas that perform well in complex web-based user interfaces that involve, for example, display of dense time-series data;
• Directly manipulating database contents from T-SQL and/or Java code (including streaming of data into the database and extracting for use in reporting user interfaces);
• Creating, maintain and define ETL specifications and troubleshoot data movement and transformation challenges;
• Visualizing and architecting automated end-to-end data integration flows;
• Program and tune database functions, SQL queries (Oracle and/or SQL Server experience preferred), stored procedures and triggers, etc.;
• Optimizing database applications;
• ETL, data warehouses, data marts, and data cubes is a plus (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS);
• Experience with Unix/ Linux shell scripting for database monitoring is a plus;
• Prior work with highly scalable systems is desired;
• Understanding complex data flows, data dependencies and relations, and develop database design which can support business needs;
• Assisting with review and offer suggestions for enhancements to existing, and development of future, data models from an ETL impact / assessment perspective.