Amec Foster Wheeler is currently looking for a Lead Piping Engineer to work on the engineering and project management services for an Unconventional Gas Development Program in Saudi Arabia. We are committed to managing the program from our Al-Khobar office where the project management team will be based for the duration of the contract. This represents an excellent development opportunity for individuals interested to work in Saudi Arabia, with most assignments expected to be for at least one year's duration with the opportunity of further extension for the right candidates.
We have been awarded contracts by our client for the provision of engineering and project management services for their Unconventional Gas Development Program. The program covers current field development in 3 different parts of Saudi Arabia with potential further field developments to be added later as the Program develops and expands. The Unconventional Gas development program is focused on increasing gas production via the development of shale gas and tight gas resources in the Kingdom. The new sources of gas are intended to displace middle and heavy distillate fuels currently used in power generation within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
* Supervise and carry out various piping activities and preparation of deliverables as identified in the Functional Competencies as necessary on their appointed project
* Responsible for Piping and Plant Layout group on a project and signing and approving of drawings and documents in accordance with correct procedures.
* Ensure engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities etc.
* Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures and client and projects standards
* Adhere to Amec Foster Wheeler engineering procedures for design safety and adopting safe attitudes towards engineering design and raising features affecting the safety and integrity of the project with appropriate authorities
* Correct interpretation and implementation of all piping CAD and system related functions in their appointed project
* Engineering degree qualification is essential
* Minimum of fifteen years experience is required
* Minimum of ten years gas processing / gas plant experience is required
* Experience on the US Unconventional Gas and/or shale fields would be highly beneficial
* Previous EPC / PMC experience is essential
* Ideally holding membership/s of professional institute
* Gained in-depth engineering experience in the world class process plant / or power industry, working in a project environment for a major contracting company
* Project experience of working in a variety of critical projects including grassroots, brownfield and revamp types and with proven expertise in one type/phase of industry
* Proven experience of leading large design teams for production
* Site experience on a number of design and construction based site assignments
* Have experience in handling critical piping design issues, developing layouts for complex plants and clear understanding of interdependence of piping disciplines
* Experienced and proficient in using intelligent CAD systems for various types of projects
* Previous experience in the detailed design and execution of Gas Processing Facilities, Gas Plants and GOSPs is an advantage