Primary Purpose of the position: Perform duties related to the construction, maintenance and service of energized facilities in all phases of Underground transmission and distribution. This includes all new, scheduled, routine maintenance and emergency work.
NOTE: Following successful completion of line school employees will be placed through the PECO system based on business needs.
Major Accountabilities: Responsibilities are related to the construction, maintenance and service of energized facilities in all phases of transmission and distribution equipment. Work includes work out of aerial equipment; work in confined and enclosed spaces and outside under all weather conditions; operation of various types of mechanized equipment and vehicles, and work on energized electrical equipment. Required to work emergency and storm situations and must be available for overtime and shift work. Required to perform glove-hand work as scheduled.
Position Requirements: Ability to perform the following task in a Safe & Productive Manner:
1. Ability to work with molten solder & compounds (Training provided)
2. Perform work at heights of a ladder or from an aerial lift device
3. Valid Driver's license with acceptable driving record, and ability to obtain a commercial driver's license within four months of starting employment
4. High School diploma or equivalent.
5. Passed or ability to pass the EEI Aptitude Qualifying exam.
6. Apply heavy rigging techniques.
7. Perform excavating of earth and concrete over energized facilities
8. Ability to work in confined and enclosed spaces and outside under all weather conditions
See Above job description for the requirements of the job.