At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Financial Analyst Job Responsibilities:
Compiles and analyzes financial information for the Exelon Utilities Customer Tower. Develops integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations. Creates and analyzes monthly, quarterly, and year to date reports and ensures financial information has been recorded accurately. Identifies trends and developments in competitive environments and presents findings to senior management. Performs financial forecasting and reconciliation of internal accounts. Analyzes financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; recommending actions and other duties as assigned.
Financial Analyst Job Duties:
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Identifies financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Recommends actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; studying proposed changes in project forecasts.
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Financial Analyst Skills and Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others.
- Corporate Finance, Developing Standards, Quality Management, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Cost Accounting, Statistical Analysis, Financial Planning and Strategy, Reporting Research Results, Requirements Analysis, Financial Skills, Hyperion, WPT, Beeline, and Passport.
- Prepare formation of IT solution strategies to solve significant business opportunities and/or problems
- Coordinate planning and delivery of business solutions
- Design alternatives, manages expectations, and captures and represents customer requirements
- Assist innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve complex business problems. Budget Management specific to area of accountability
- Independence Level: works under minimal supervision.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster