In this technical leadership role you will have responsibility for ensuring our solutions meet and exceed client’s expectations, contribute to continued enhancement of our world leading software solutions and grow the skills of more junior staff.
You will work with clients and CH2M teams across the country with opportunities to be involved at a senior technical level in projects and research throughout the global CH2M family.
We are seeking an enthusiastic hydraulics specialist to join an established fluvial modelling and engineering team in Warrington.
You will be working on a range of flood risk projects that make a difference to local communities and the environment, serving a range of public and private sector clients including regulators, local authorities, water utility and strategic construction companies.
The main functions of this position are to:
- Provide technical governance in hydraulic modelling ensuring models meet the needs of clients.
- Take a hands on modelling approach to delivery of our most technically challenging modelling project working proactively with our engineers to find optimum solutions.
- Nurture, stretch and develop the technical skills of more junior colleagues.
- Identify and delivery technical innovation in order to improve efficiency of delivery, ensure effective dissemination of latest methodologies and tools.
- Supervise delivery of modelling outputs to time and budget.
- Provide input to market-focused proposals.
- Support delivery teams to communicate modelling outputs to internal and external clients through verbal and written communications.
The priorities of this role include:
- Compliance with technical governance arrangements.
- Technical mentoring of junior colleagues.
- Input to technical elements of winning proposals to time and budget deadlines.
- Work with project and technical managers, to ensure delivery of successful work packages to client satisfaction and commercial targets.
- Seek to develop ‘competitive technical advantage’ by seeking out opportunities to provide added value to clients
This is a key role in ensuring technical governance on hydraulic modelling projects.
The ideal candidate should possess and be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrable technical expertise in 1d and 2d modelling (ideally including ISIS and TUFLOW and or FloodModeller).
- Knowledge and understanding of hydraulic behaviour around structures and how to replicate these in modelling software.
- Experience in reviewing models including recommendations for overcoming problems.
- Evidence of delegation and pro-active supervision of more junior colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Chartered with appropriate recognised institution.
- Flexible approach to respond to changing market requirements.
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering/earth sciences and allied subjects with strong mathematical and science basis.
- Commercial awareness and evidence of ability to deliver modelling projects to time and budget.
- Programming skills an advantage.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.