CH2M would like to appoint a Head of Safety on the TEAM 2100 Flood Defence project in London.
This is a hands on role driving safety across the whole programme dealing with the client, contractors and staff to really embed the safety culture.
TEAM2100 is the Environment Agency's 10-year programme to refurbish and replace tidal flood defences in London and the Thames estuary. TEAM2100 will carry out the first part of the Environment Agency's Thames Estuary 2100 Plan, which sets out how to manage tidal flood risk in the Thames estuary throughout the 21st century. TEAM2100 will improve tidal flood defences in London, Kent and Essex from 2015 to 2025. CH2MHill lead the integrated team with construction partner Balfour Beatty and other specialist contractors
CH2M is appointed by the EA to lead the maintenance and management of the Thames Estuary flood defence assets until 2024. This includes asset inspections, asset maintenance and new build and together with our supply chain we are involved in appraisals, design development and construction, the whole project life cycle.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Head of Safety to join the CH2M team and help drive safety though everything we do on the TEAM 2100 programme from simple repairs to flood defence walls to major refurbishment of the Thames Barrier. The successful candidate can expect a varied work load of management activities, integration with the design teams, input at concept stage, development of the safest schemes to construct, assistance with construction support, support with change management during construction, stakeholder engagement etc.
Duties will include;
Design Safety - working closely with our design teams of designers and contractors to drive a safety culture, to produce holistically safe schemes, to satisfy public safety, construction safety, operational safety and ultimately be safe to demolish.
Construction safety - to support the team to proactively manage change in a safe manner, to help liaise with the public and other third parties, to drive a holistically safe process. To undertake site inspections and audits and support on specialist health and safety assessments.
Training - help to develop the teams ensuring that they remain up to date with relevant safety legislation, coaching and mentoring as appropriate.
Management safety - to work closely with the TEAM 2100 management team to in-bed safety into everything they do, there approach to the programme of works, the sequencing and interaction of works.
We are also seeking to role out the best practice from TEAM 2100 across our wider WEM framework portfolio of projects, maximising the learning experience and ensuring that we as an organisation learn and develop. The successful candidate would be integral to this cascade.The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Proactive and enthusiastic in promoting first class health and safety standards.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively with a range of people, including the client,
• Good knowledge of legislative requirements affecting Health and safety within the construction industry.
• Experience of delivering health and safety related training (desirable).
• Knowledge of construction training requirements (desirable).
• Awareness of environmental issues affecting construction industry (desirable).
• Experienced in managing Health, Safety & Environmental matters preferably within the construction industry.
• NEBOSH Certificate;
• NEBOSH Diploma;
• First Aid Certificate
• Experience of BSI ISO 9001, and BSI ISO xxxxxxx
• Desirable - Environmental Management Qualification
• Ability to self-manage and self-motivate whilst working in a team
• Good person management skills
• Ability to communicate and consult effectively with good presentation skills
Job Location CH2M, London
View on Google maps