Due to continued success and business growth, our Houston office is seeking an energetic Roadway Design Engineer to join our team.
Our Roadway Design Engineer jobs provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects. Each day, you will utilize your skills and contribute to work on highway planning, design and construction in connection with complex, multi-disciplined projects. In this position you will be exposed to a wide-range of projects involving traffic roadway design, geometric design, site civil design, drainage design and construction. You will have the opportunity to utilize your knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures to complete your assigned tasks in a team environment.
Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated professional with a BSCE and 1 - 5 years of prior experience in highway design, and may be a recent college graduate. Effective verbal and written communication skills are important for client interaction and career advancement. Experience working with Microstation is required. Experience working with Geopak is preferred. You should have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each engineering job.
Our Roadway Engineers:
• Gain experience in various aspects of roadway design including drainage design, permitting, lighting, signing and pavement marking design
• Assist in the preparation of project reports
• Prepare roadway plans, detail drawings and project specifications
• Review roadway plans, performing horizontal and vertical roadway alignment calculations and utility research and coordination
• Provide construction inspection and oversight on various roadway construction projects
• develop and produce conceptual, preliminary and final roadway design drawings
• Perform quantity calculations The minimum qualifications for this position are:
1 - 5 years of prior experience in highway design, and may be a recent college graduate
Experience working with Microstation The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
Experience working with Geopak is preferred
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let's get to work.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Houston
Houston, TX US
View on Google maps