This position is a project lasting about 18 months
The challenge? Helping to develop and provide high quality, leading edge heating, ventilating and air conditioning design solutions for large semi-conductor facilities.
You will be responsible for delivering quality HVAC design solutions that meet our client and project specifications while working within a multidiscipline engineering team. You should be a self-motivated professional engineer with experience working on HVAC systems and have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each new design job.
Our Senior Mechanical HVAC Engineers:
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Layout and design HVAC and Utility systems for various types of industrial clients including semi-conductor facilities, general manufacturing, food and beverage, and consumer products, with a strong emphasis on semi-conductor facilities.
- The HVAC systems would include general comfort heating and cooling, those with accurate temperature or humidity control, unique pressurization requirements, and/or cleanliness requirements for clean. Some of the Utility systems would include Chilled Water, Condenser Water, Heating Water, Compressed Air, Purified Water and Plumbing.
- Develop the design criteria which would define the requirements which the systems would be required to deliver.
- Develop conceptual design and preliminary design documents which would include calculations related to sizing and selecting of these systems, the development of HVAC Airflow Diagrams and Utility Systems Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's), and general arrangements.
- Develop final design documents including specification, sequences of operation as well as the HVAC ductwork layout and final construction documents.
- Have thorough knowledge of codes related to the design of industrial and manufacturing facilities and systems.
- Assist in the development of junior personnel.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills and have the ability to lead design team collaborate with other team members.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Have strong client management skills and have the ability to manage projects on their own.
- Must be able to execute tasks within budget and scope.
- Able to recognize and purse new business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10 years of design experience
- Thorough knowledge of codes related to design of industrial facilities and systems
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 5 years of HVAC Experience
- 10 years of experience in the design of semi-conductor facilities
CH2M will not sponsor a visa
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
Job Location CH2M, Portland
Portland, OR US
View on Google maps