Continuous Improvement Consultant for offshore wind farm operation and maintenance Would you like to drive continual improvements within operation and maintenance at our offshore wind farms in the north west of the UK?
Join us and become a Continuous Improvement Consultant in Execution Continuous Improvement where you, together with your six colleagues, will be responsible for implementing a continuous improvement culture and practice at our operations and maintenance sites, supporting local improvement initiatives, and delivering cross-site improvement and standardisation projects.
Execution Continuous Improvement is part of Wind Power which has 1800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world's largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe.
You will be based at our operation and maintenance facilities in Barrow-in-Furness in the UK. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work, including to our offices and wind farm sites in the UK, Denmark, and Germany. Your key tasks will be to
- support a regional cluster of operations and maintenance sites in building a continuous improvement culture, including providing training, coaching and mentoring in a range of lean and continuous improvement tools and techniques
- support the personal development of a network of local improvement champions, including managers, supervisors and technicians from the operations and maintenance teams - located at each site in the regional cluster
- lead lean and continuous improvement projects at a site or a regional cluster of sites
- support the development of training material as well as lean and continuous improvement tools and techniques underpinning our strategy.
Working directly with local site management teams and technicians, you will use your expertise in lean and continuous improvement methodologies to systematically review performance, identify opportunities and implement improvements.
Typical projects will support the standardisation and optimisation of work procedures, roles and responsibilities, eg optimisation of annual wind turbine service routines, standardisation of job descriptions and work procedures for maintenance planning, or review of daily mobilisation routines to reduce the time taken for technicians to reach the wind farm site.
You will promote the benefits of lean and continuous improvement culture within the regional cluster and the wider Wind Power organisation. Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have a degree or vocational qualification in mechanical, electrical or manufacturing engineering (or similar relevant technical discipline)
- speak and write English fluently and have the ability to create good relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- have management or supervisory-level experience of industrial operations, eg manufacturing, power generation or similar industries
- have extensive experience in a continuous improvement or operational excellence role, including experience of driving high-profile internal change projects, facilitating workshops and engaging with stakeholders at all levels from top management to technicians.
You will have a passion for continuous improvement that is infectious, influencing those around you to follow your example.
As you will be working remotely from your colleagues in Execution Continuous Improvement, it is essential that you thrive on working independently as well as within international, dynamic and rapidly-changing teams. Moreover, you are a confident self-starter who is able to set your own goals and motivate those around you to help you deliver them.
It would be an advantage if you
- have qualifications in formal improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma
- have knoweldge and practical experience of managing operations using formal quality, HSE and asset management systems, including ISO 9001, ISO xxxxxxxand ISO xxxxxxx
- have relevant experience from offshore wind operation and maintenance.
You will report directly to the Head of Execution Continuous Improvement and be part of a small team spead across several locations, with no direct reports. We offer
An exciting and challenging position in an organisation where we constantly challenge the way we work and drive continual improvements in safety, cost and asset performance.
In Execution Continuous Improvement, you will have a unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills as you support the operation and maintenance of some of the world's largest offshore wind projects.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity. Contact us
Please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on xxxxxxx if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV, a cover letter and any applicable diplomas as electronic files by 18:00 on 17 October 2016.
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Click on the button to submit your application.