Help our communities stay on the move by providing signal engineering support for our client’s public transportation electronic payment projects and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
CH2M is currently seeking an Electronic Payment Systems Consultant
for our Los Angeles transit and rail team. In this position you will support the company’s Transportation Business Group in the design, development, and implementation of electronic transit fare payment systems. As a member of the project delivery team you will mostly work from the company’s offices located in Los Angeles supporting the Payment Systems team.
Daily Tasks and Duties
- Development of strategic planning documents, technical specifications, procurement packages, engineer’s estimates, financial analyses, and fare policy studies that contribute materially to the improvement of public transportation through the oversight of payment system design, operations and enhancements
- Analyzing problems and developing recommended solutions, including task management and project management functions commensurate with your level of experience
- Work closely and collaboratively with coworkers, client staff and contractor representatives
- Travel to client/project needs 10%-30% of the time, depending on project needs
If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. Minimum Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Transportation Engineering, Transportation Planning, or similar degree
- 3-6 years of recent, professional experience in a technical or operational role
- Ability to demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Technical writing experience
- Must be flexible to dynamic task responsibilities and project schedules
- Must be comfortable developing and reviewing technical documents and presenting complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Electronic payments industry and/or transit/transportation experience
- Smart card payment system design and implementation
- Possess a strong interest in the benefits of public transit and a desire to have a positive impact on society
- Flexibility to work on a variety of transportation assignments and learn new skills
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws