Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The DevOps Engineer is primarily responsible for managing, monitoring and deploying a highly available, highly scalable production application. The individual will be responsible for one or more environments/systems and interface directly with the Development and Operations team on a daily basis for the maintenance, upkeep and expansion of these environments. Additionally, the individual will be responsible for documenting the environments and providing assistance and review of proposed architectures.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- The candidate must have 4 years of experience in Linux system administration (preferably Amazon Linux/CentOS/RHEL).
- Fluency in Linux scripting: shell scripting, bash and/or Python scripting.
- Fluency in administering Apache, Tomcat, Jetty, HAProxy and Nginx proxies and web-servers.
- Fluency in administering SQL and NoSQL technologies, such as MySQL, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Extensive experience administering Linux in a virtualization environment.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as in AWS.
- Solid track record of deploying and automating self-scaling redundant infrastructure (preferably Bamboo and Jenkins).
- Experience working with and setup of automation using tools such as Puppet and GIT/Stash.
- Familiarity with NAS, NFS is plus.
- Set up back-up mechanisms for production environments and test disaster recovery mechanisms.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Logstash, or Splunk.
- Proven ability to write clear, concise documentation.
- Cares greatly about automation and has little tolerance for repetitive manual work.
- High level of problem solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Has good communication skills and can interface with remote teams in an effective manner.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with 3 to 5 years experience.
- Software as code mindset
- Understanding of virtualization concepts; Vagrant experience a plus
- Strong Linux administration experience
- Experience with ticket tracking platforms such as Jira
- Ability to work remotely from own initiative
- High level of attention to detail
- Some flexibility to travel is required
High School Grad / GED:Required;Bachelor's Degree:Required;Experience:3 years;