Under general supervision, responsible for providing technical support to the FPL PGD operations department at the Fort Myers Plant including the PGD compliance team. Responsibilities
: This position will be mainly tasked to maintain the Critical operations systems within the Fort Myers Plant- among several other systems, applications and tools used in the day-to-day reliable operations of the bulk electric system (BES).This position is expected to:
- Provide full-time technical support to the operations and business unit personnel.
- Perform system testing and maintain the associated documentation to Critical systems during significant changes and/or upgrade. Provide data on request and lead as SME during NERC CIP Standards audits.
- Adhere to all requirements of the NERC CIP Standards as they apply to the position's job description and accountabilities.
- Analyze and identify the root cause of and implement comprehensive technical solutions to complex application deficiencies and system issues.
- Provide technical leadership in the functional specification, design and implementation of new as well as enhancements to existing security center applications and tools.
- Develop new and improve existing processes with goal of increasing productivity, reducing risk of system failure, promoting efficiency in work flow, and meeting or exceeding the key operational performance targets.
- Establish, document and maintain procedures and guidelines related to the day-to-day operational support provided to the operations and business unit personnel.
Bachelor's Degree in related field (Engineering or Computer Science) and 3-5 years relevant duties experience.
Understanding of Ovation Security Center and/or Antivirus, Patching software as applicable to critical systems
- Proficient understanding of the NERC Reliability Standards, with emphasis on Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP)
- Experience as System/Network Administrator
- Experience in security center applications, monitoring, troubleshooting and Analysis
- Experience with Monitoring Applications
Technical / Functional Excellence:New/Learning;Process Management Concepts:Competent;Quality Tools & Techniques:Competent;Effective Written Communications:Competent;Effective Verbal Communications:Competent;High School Grad / GED:Required;Safety Policy and Practice:Competent;Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Work Exp:Required;Experience:2 years;Supervisor/Management Experience:Without Rating;