Are you looking for a new opportunity within a growing industry? Do you have Industrial Machine Maintenance experience and are looking for the challenge of supporting a fast-paced factory? Then we are looking for your skills at Vestas, the leader in Wind Energy.
Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic - Blades
Vestas Blades America, Inc.
Repair and Maintenance
The Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic is a member of the Repair and Maintenance department that is responsible for servicing and maintaining production machinery in support of manufacturing operations. This team provides key support in the manufacturing of carbon composite wind turbine blades in Brighton, CO.
- Perform regular maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of production machinery, equipment, and specialty tools.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Reads and understands, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic prints and symbols.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes and grinders.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications and within tolerances.
- Troubleshoot under tense situations.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Operates welding equipment to cut or weld parts. MIG, TIG and stick welding, also weld aluminum.
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Use and handle hazardous materials, and understand their hazards at various locations using machines and equipment, properly segregate hazardous materials and waste.
- Communicate to warehouse and/or shipping the transport of hazardous materials and waste according to strict regulatory requirements.
- Comply with state and federal regulations for handling, storage, disposal, transport etc. of hazardous materials and waste.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Associates Degree preferred, or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Apprenticeship or at least 3 years of verifiable experience.
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft programs.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics, drawings, and technical documents.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Strong Natural Ability to Work in Teams
- High Degree of Adaptability & Flexibility
- Strong Desire to Learn New Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent Work Ethic, Dependability & Dedication to Team/Company
- Personal Desire/Value to Produce Quality Work
- Ability/Desire to work as Craftsman with Hand tools
- Problem Solver
- Customer Focused
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This job is located in Brighton, CO
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 55,000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 70 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.