Do you have experience in supervising warehouses and managing teams? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing industry? Join Vestas as Warehouse Supervisor and be part of a company leader in Wind energy. Department
Vestas Mediterranean (MED) is an independent Sales Business Unit (SBU) within Vestas Wind Systems A/S, covering markets in the Mediterranean region, the Middle East, Latin America, the Caribbean, and Northwest Africa. Vestas MED is responsible for developing these markets in terms of sales, project installation, and customer service.
With regards to Brazil, there is massive potential in the region with a rapidly growing demand in electricty, and a number of wind developers are very active in the region. In order to crystallize all the existing activity into relevant business results, this market is demanding the engaged leadership of experienced industry players. Responsibilities
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers concerned with order receiving, storing, inventorying, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in inside warehouse and yard by performing the following duties:
- Plans layout of storage areas (inside and outside of warehouse), considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non usable, slow moving, and excess stock.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and motivate team work
- Experience of 4-5 years in an industrial/production environment
- Experience at logistic/warehouse environments
- English level must be medium
- SAP in required
- Lean Master/Training is a plus
- Six Sigma is a plus
What we offer
We offer an exciting job in a dynamic, international environment. You'll be working in a fast growing team which is at the forefront of growth within the wind energy sector. As well as offering a competitive salary and benefits package, we put the emphasis on developing both personal and professional skills. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Vestas is a company that offers equal opportunities and seeks employees who want to work in a multicultural environment and are teamwork oriented.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.