Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The Applied Technology Services (ATS) Engineering staff provides engineering, testing and analysis services and expertise across multiple disciplines to various company organizations to identify, diagnose and solve technical problems. The staff provides consultation and advice to
clients to proactively avoid future problems by specifying equipment, materials and methods that are best practices in the industry. Services include inspections, failure analysis, performance assessments, and evaluations on a wide variety of systems and components ranging from
in-service concrete to hydroelectric turbine blades to distributed generation. The engineering staff partners with management in the creation of bid proposals for equested client work. The incumbents maintain knowledge of and adhere to all company and regulatory safety and quality processes and procedures.
Travel required: frequency depends on assignment (10% -75%).
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering with emphasis in a discipline related to assignments (i.e.,mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, etc.).
• Minimum of 7 years of related experience in at least 4 areas of the following: SCADA, DMS, EMS, Smart Grid, Sensors, Programming, Operation experience, Lab view, Testing, inverters, Solar, Wind, Grid integration
• Masters degree
• Professional Engineering license
• Broad understanding of engineering research and testing concepts, theories, practices, methods, techniques in area of specialty as well as general understanding of other engineering specialties
• Understanding of quality assurance and control concepts and practices
• Strong investigative and analytical problem solving skills
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Competency in team leadership
• Communication, presentation and teamwork skills
• Proficiency in team leadership and project management
• Good customer service orientation
• Completes assignments of broad scope and complexity with few precedents or standards requiring integration of information from a variety of sources. Performs lead role in determining scope, schedule, budget and resources needed
• Provides some coaching and oversight to lower level peers. Reviews test designs of lower level peers to determine applicability, feasibility and if objectives of project will be obtained
• May assist higher level peers on the most complex and innovative tests
• Expands knowledge in other areas of specialty or discipline, developing breadth or further develops expertise and specialization on one area.
• Collaborates with peers to prepare technical reports and specifications and to identify, define, and solve problems.
• Develops test protocols, models, technologies and analyzes data. Evaluates performance of parts, assemblies or systems under simulated operating conditions, and records results. Compiles project test results and prepares presentations, recommendations for client and/or ATS leadership.
• Modifies electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
• Continually identifies testing or process improvements.
• Identifies innovations and cost-reduction potential of new and existing technologies.
• Determines customer expectations and ensures project deliverables meet customer satisfaction objectives