Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
Our employees are the backbone of our success! It's the mix of talent, skill, enthusiasm, drive and team spirit that empowers our employees to deliver, day in and day out. This is your opportunity to join our team and make your contributions in an industry that is rapidly changing.
Pacific Gas & Electric Company, a national energy company with more than $60 billion in assets and operating revenues in excess of $17 billion, seeks an experienced tax professional to join our team as a Tax Analyst in our San Francisco Tax Department.
• B.A. or B.S. degree; emphasis in Accounting or Tax preferred
• Minimum of two years of corporate tax experience, in either public accounting or industry
• Advanced degree in accounting, tax or law is a plus
• Good analytical skills, and ability to research and interpret income tax law
• Strong abilities to manage multiple projects to conclusion
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to navigate in a computer intensive environment
• C.P.A. or J.D. preferred
Our staff members have opportunities to work in multiple functional areas. Our Tax Analysts typically have two or more of the following job responsibilities:
• Prepare federal and state income tax returns and estimated tax payment computations
• Prepare quarterly income tax accounting provisions and account reconciliations, including FAS 109 and FIN 48 analyses
• Research and resolve income tax issues
• Partner with our business units and proactively implement tax planning for business transactions
• Respond to information requests from various tax authorities