Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor (MEP) with mechanical and electrical package experience is required to support a nuclear project based in Hertfordshire running NEC3 contract. Responsibilities
- Manage/monitor/report on all commercial aspects of projects
- Attend handover meeting to receive project from estimating dept.
- Manage and produce/take off Bill of Quants (BoQ)
- Produce cost control document using information from final agreed contract pricing documents
- Participate in identifying areas of risk/scope and develop/monitor with the project team
- Produce valuations/applications/claims in line with contract requirements
- Identify and secure reimbursement of variations to the contracted scope of works
- Maintain positive cash flow and maximise profitability on project
- Develop and maintain accurate cost reporting/monitoring/forecasting for:
- Building works
- Engineering works
- Design cost/performance
- Increased cost/market trends
- Cash Flow
- Produce monthly status report (CVR) including items listed above
- Produce accurate internal cash flows for projects in line with published timetable
- Produce accurate external cash flows for projects in line with contract requirements
- Formulate a working relationship with all members of client team
- In conjunction with project team, select/agree subcontractor & materials supplier enquiry list
- Register and acknowledge receipt of all project enquiries from potential subcontractors and suppliers
- Participate in procurement of subcontract works packages and any material/equipment ‘supply only’ packages
- Review proposals with Designers and select/agree subcontractor enquiry list
- Produce subcontract tender documentation for bidding process
- Organise and chair subcontract/supplier clarification, negotiation and settlement meetings
- Draft subcontracts.
- Raise subcontracts/purchase orders to project schedule and ensure subcontract documents are executed
- Provide support in respect to legal/contract issues associated with the project
- Operate all commercial and contractual aspects of subcontract packages through to final account closure
- Ensure payments to subcontractors are made within the framework of the Construction Act
- Attend site meetings as necessary (internal, client and subcontractor meetings)
- Flexibility to work within and understand commercial Quality Procedures.
- Control of Purchase Orders, incoming costs and invoices, registering etc.
- Design Change Control, and Design team interface
- Value Engineering
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Allocating work to subcontractors within the WBS (Work Breakdown Structure).
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
- Enabling clients to initiate construction projects
- Strong track record in Process / Construction projects
- Experience of package negotiation
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Able to work accurately with figures
- Full UK driving licence
- Willing to travel.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or construction related subject
- Post qualification construction experience with a main contractor
- A membership of a professional association would also be beneficial (RICS, CEng, ACostE, CIOB)
- Working knowledge of Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of NEC 3
SC or DV clearance
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.