Jacobs Cyber Security Group is a cyber security engineering and analysis arm of Jacobs Engineering company. Due to our rapid growth, we have an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator II supporting our Department of Justice Program.
The Intermediate ISSO will:
- Provide support to the System Owner and the ISSM for maintaining the appropriate operational IA posture for a system, program, or enclave
Provide support to the customer on all matters involving the security of their information systems
Assist with the management of all security aspects of the information system and is assigned performs day-to-day security operations of the system
Assist in the development of the system security policy and ensures compliance with that policy on a routine basis
Prepare, validate, and maintain security documentation including, but not limited to: system security plan (SSP), risk assessment (RA), contingency plan (CP), privacy impact assessment (PIA), eAuthentication assessment, FIPS categorization
- Provide configuration management for security-relevant information system software, hardware, and firmware, controlling changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes
- Identify and mitigate security business and system risks
- Identify and manage POA&Ms through remediation as well as develop corrective action plans for each POA&M
- Be a team player with the ability to work independently and proactively while being flexible and prioritizing competing priorities, often under time constraints
This ISSO position requires the following:
- Ten (10) years of related work experience
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field may be substituted for four years of experience; substitution of work experience is at the discretion of the customer
A working knowledge of the RMF and the security authorization processes and procedures
- Experience using Xacta
- Knowledge of NIST Special Publications and their couterparts, especially SP xxxxxxx, SP xxxxxxx, ICD 503, and CNSS 1253. Ability to communicate clearly and present information to the customer in a format they can understand.
Experience in several of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware and software security implementation; different communication protocols; and encryption techniques/tools
Familiarity with commercial security products, security authorization techniques, security incident management, and PKI and authorization services
A CompTIA Security+ certification to comply with DoD 8570 requirements. A highler level certification, such as GSLC, CAP, CASP, CISM, CISSP, are also appropriate.
- Have strong analysis, oral and written communication, and change management skills
Sitting at a desk. Phone use and PC or laptop. May require lifting and carrying supplies. Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. If hired for a full-time position, it is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to obtain/maintain clearances as required for the position. Must be able to access customer work location. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must maintain a professional demeanor and appearance - dress is typically business casual, but is dependent on the client's standards.Essential Functions Physical Requirements:
- Sitting at a desk.
- May require lifting and carrying supplies.
- Extended periods of sitting while on PC/laptop or phone.
Equipment and Machines:
- An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations)
Needs to be able to work well with and support co-workers and clients
Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
- Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation
- Work assignments dependent on requirements by the client. If hired for a full-time position, it is important to be able to work at least 8 hours a day for 5 days per week (Monday through Friday).
Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to communicate effectively
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, management and employees
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
Completion of required certifications within six (6) months of hire date
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain an interim and a permanent U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance required