As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
The role is for the LACCD Program and would focus on M anaging the Relocation Project Management (RPM) Team and the Asset Management (AM) Team at all nine colleges and satellites facilities, providing support and oversight of budgets, scope, policies, procedures, task orders, invoices, schedules, and personnel matters. This position is client facing and would be the direct contact as the highest ranking onsite Owners Representative with an emphasis on ensuring Schedule, Cost, Scope and Safety.
• Develop and implement processes, procedures and tools to ensure standardization across all colleges and manage team resources to ensure an efficient and effective organization.
• Provide direct communication to Build LACCD Senior Management on the RPM and Asset Management team activities, priorities, metrics and accomplishments.
• Work closely with Construction, Design, Contracts, and Safety teams to ensure smooth construction projects as it relates to RPM and Asset Management activities.
• Coordinate with the College Project Director (CPD) and Relocation Project Manager at each college to gain detailed knowledge about the campus Master Plan sequence for all new and renovated buildings to ensure project success.
• Manage the Program-wide Move Management, Asset Management, and FF&E/IT budgets and forecasts.
• Provide management oversight to Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) services with emphasis in furniture and equipment review, procurement coordination and purchasing for all new, renovated buildings, and swing space projects at each college.
• Create and maintain the detailed FF&E Scope of Services for all procurement contract types.
• Work closely with CPD and college project team to ensure that design teams are providing FF&E scope per their contract.
• Minimum 10-15 years' experience managing the interior design, planning, and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design, FF&E, construction, asset management, budgeting and contract administration.
• Experience in Construction public works projects.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in the area of Architecture, Interior architecture, Interior Design, Facilities Management or related field.
• Project Management experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook, and databases.
• Effective leader to manage a team of varied personnel and outside consultants and vendors.
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands.
• Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.