The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
The Turnpike TSM&O Engineer will work with Traffic Engineering, Operations, Planning and Production staff to provide guidance in the development of TSM&O projects and programs, including establishment of performance monitoring targets and performance management systems, with a focus on after action project reviews and development of TSM&O project efficacy measures.
- Coordinate and formalize the implementation and refinement of the Turnpike District's Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSM&O) Program, and related plans, including applicable strategic plans and 5-Year Work Program that supports these plans;
- Utilizes Turnpike and Traffic Operations business plans to champion support of the TSM&O program; includes activities providing support of the statewide TSM&O business plan and interaction with internal FDOT partners to ensure consistency between their functional area business plans and TSM&O-related business plans;
- Manages the development of a program of TSM&O projects and associated operation and maintenance support services as identified in conjunction with the TSM&O Program;
- Manages and supports the Turnpike bi-annual safety plan development, including crash location identification, and implementation of the highway safety manual practices in concert with planning Department initiatives.
- Includes the development of project scopes and schedules, funding plans and project-related public outreach plans;
- Includes extensive coordination and resolution of on-going project issues with external transportation partners and FDOT internal partners;
- Coordinate express lane implementation projects consistent with the District's concept of operations, including internal and stakeholder coordination, contract and contractor coordination including assistance with dispute resolution, the development of performance management and monitoring measures.
- Develop traffic engineering reports and studies, perform scope and plan reviews consistent with Department requirements and Turnpike goals; including signing and sealing documents.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Florida is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree from a U.S. accredited 4-year University in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years of Traffic Engineering and/or Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) work experience.
- Knowledge of the concepts, terminology, principles and analytical techniques of traffic engineering and traffic flow theory;
- Knowledge of Transportation System Management and Operations (TSM&O) concepts, terminology, principles and practice;
- Knowledge of Department project development process including funding, design and Construction Engineering / Inspection (CEI) functions;
- Knowledge of business plan development and implementation
- Knowledge of contract management;
- Skilled in developing and making presentations;
- Skilled in the use of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, presentations applications, e-mail and internet;
- Skilled in traffic engineering studies and analysis, guidelines and standards.
- Ability to analyze and interpret engineering data;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.