The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking for out Atlanta office a Highway Design Engineer with a comprehensive understanding of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application. Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with other disciplines to include: bridge, environmental, survey, and traffic.
- Demonstrating time management skills.
- Maintaining effective communication with project team members and with the customer:
- Participating in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
- Performing all aspects of engineering and design. Works under minimal supervision, work is reviewed for adequacies on completion. Will provide some technical guidance to less experienced design and engineering personnel.
- Performing quality control.
- Performing design calculations.
- Reporting to project manager.
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• 5-10 years of experience required
• BS or MS in Civil Engineering
• Georgia PE registration is required
• GDOT experience
• Proficiency with InRoads, MicroStation, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project required.
• Ability to work in team environment
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.