The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Excellent opportunity to join the McDonough GA team as a Survey Technician III. This role performs technical functions related to surveying including adjusting and operating surveying instruments and rods. Typically works under the supervision of the Survey Crew Chief as team member or assistant.
• Frequent travel and extended time away from assigned home office.
• Adjust and operate surveying instruments such as Total stations, digital and automatic levels, electronic data collectors, and various survey related software.
• Record survey measurements and descriptive data using electronic data collectors, notes, drawings, and sketches,
• Assist the Survey Chew Chief while conducting surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the Earth's surface, underground, and underwater using various electronic equipment and other surveying instruments.
• High school diploma or GED is required
• Survey, field and office procedures and survey calculations is required
• Standard arithmetic, including percentages and decimals and calculating area, volume, weight and related mathematical functions is required
• All computer applications and hardware related to performance of the essential functions of the job is required.
• Utility designation and/or laser scanning experience is a preferred.
• Preferred CST Level I certification.
Prefer local candidates - position is based in McDonough GA
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.