The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Jacobs is seeking a Senior Civil or Environmental Engineer to work on utility type (either water and wastewater infrastructure projects), including pipelines, pump station projects, and related water and wastewater projects from either our Palm Beach Gardens or Miami, Florida location.
The role will include the following responsibilities:
• Project development, preliminary design, design, and construction management services for various water, wastewater, and related infrastructure projects for municipal and utility clients.
• Lead engineer on Water/Wastewater Conveyance (pipelines and pump stations) and Water/Wastewater Treatment projects.
• Project management and development of client relationships
• Assist in marketing and business development for local and regional municipal water and wastewater clients
• Directing internal / external resources during project delivery
• Supervising tasks as part of a multi-discipline team for local and regional projects
• Develop designs that require innovation and ingenuity. Work performed with minimal supervision; has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
• May use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks
• Ability to lead projects and interface directly with customer/client
• Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering is required; Master of Science degree in Civil or Environmental engineering preferred
• Between 5 to 10 years' experience in working on municipal water, wastewater, or related projects in Florida is required;
• Licensed Professional Engineer in Florida, or ability to become professionally licensed within 6 months of hire is required
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and good organizational skills required
• Experience with report writing, developing technical proposals and preparing task budgets required
• Detail oriented, with experience in preparing design calculations, drawings, and specifications
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both internally and externally
• Demonstrated capability to grow internal and external networks
• Enthusiastic, dependable, self-starter, who is organized and able to work effectively with minimal supervision preferred
• Familiarity with government and public sector projects preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.