The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in their specific area of study. Interns will work alongside world-class professionals in a fast-paced, professional setting which provides interns invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment.
• Perform routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision.
• May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
• Assisting in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations.
• Providing support to engineering staff members as needed.
• Going into the fall 2017 semester, it's required of candidates to be enrolled in at least their junior year within a Civil Engineering curriculum at an ABET university.
• Course concentration in geotechnical engineering is required
• Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required
• Previous design intern experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microstation is preferred
• Knowledge of lateral pile analysis software (LPile or similar) is preferred
• Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
• Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.