Duties and responsibilities of this position involve:
1) Perform Wind Noise Audit Testing on pre-selected, current production vehicles
- Order production vehicles
- Perform seal gap/door margin and flushness testing
- Execute wind noise tests (specifically involving)
- Assist running wind tunnel #8 during tests
- Taping components of the vehicle
- Analyze wind noise data real time, and post processing (must demonstrate)
- Deliver data/results to wind noise and plant personnel
2) Wind Noise/ Air Leakage root cause analysi s
- Utilize subjective/objective means to find wind noise and air leakage issues
- Develop potential (or real) fixes on known issues or found issues
- Communicate with plant, design, and development personnel to implement fixes
High School Diploma with 2 years of related experience or vocational training.
- An associate's degree in an automotive or engineering discipline
- Knowledge of automotive vehicle systems
- Wind tunnel testing experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with Wind Noise testing
- Must be open minded, good with people and be willing to both learn and teach.
Parts, cables, and light weight instrumentation up to 50 lbs, 60%
Safety glasses, gloves, hardened toe slip resistant shoes 100%
High noise in some work areas, requiring use of hearing protection 20%
Sitting (50%), Standing (75%), Bending (25%), Stooping (25%)
Job requires manual labor
Inside test facility 90%
extreme hot/cold temperatures 10%
Energized test equipment 50%
Equipment and machines
Computers, copy machines, fax machines 25%
Vehicles, forklifts 15%
hand tools gauges, multimeters and other electrical diagnostic devices 10%
Shift is determined by testing availability and work load. Must be able tos upport our flexible test schedule into other shifts and/or weekends. overtime during the week and weekend is very likely.
Critical that attendance is regular Punctuality is a must
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary. Must have flexibility of work days to cover weekend testing requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, health performance evaluation, Power Motor Vehicle Exam and background check.
Must be able to drive a stick shift and maintain a valid drivers license.
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to self or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Dependable personal transportation to work site is required.