Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Jacobs Consultancy is seeking Consultants to work within our Petrochemicals team. Candidates will be key members of the team providing consulting services and contributing to business development activities across the full range of the chemical and petrochemical industry. Specialist knowledge and experience of syngas-based processes or other chemicals value chains is of particular interest.
Reporting to the Petrochemicals Director, the Consultant will demonstrate competence in areas including Process Engineering, Project Concept Development, Technical and Economic Evaluation, Investment Strategy Development, Project Management, Project Execution, Report Writing and Presentations.
The role, in a Consultancy with global reach, provides opportunities to work with a diverse set of clients across a variety of organisational levels from operations to executive, working in a 'sell-do' business model and to be a key member of the Practice.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide consulting services to clients during all phases of an engagement, including benchmarking, gap analysis, business case development, technical and economic evaluation, justification, prioritisation, ranking, reporting, implementation and close out
- Support marketing and business development activities and sell consulting engagement of various sizes
- Meet and present to clients to assist with the selling process
- Contributing to consultancy assignments with client organizations, meeting our quality, budget and client satisfaction goals
- Develop into a 'Subject Matter Expert' in chemical/petrochemical processes recognised across Jacobs Consultancy and the wider Jacobs
- Prepare conference papers for delivery at international events
- Support the growth of the business.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate experience and knowledge in a number of the following services areas:
- Petrochemical market knowledge
- Significant experience of Petrochemicals processes, syngas-based processes in particular
- Process design
- Process operations
- Project execution
- Technical due diligence (for mergers and acquisitions)
- Performance improvement programs
- Concept development, vision and policy setting
- Information management / database systems
- Direct sales and business development experience
The candidate must demonstrate competence in the following:
- Able to work within a 'sell-do' model
- Strong self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Practical front-end engineering or consulting - including scoping, selling and delivery
- Excellent communication skills including ability to produce concise reports and presentations appropriate for all levels
- Confidence to work at all levels of a client organisation (Board to Technician)
- Desire to expand role and be adaptable to client's needs
- Contribute to preparation of proposals, execution plans and budgets
- Identify new opportunities and leads
- Supports a continuous improvement culture and identifies gaps, develops work processes, tools and methodologies to drive productivity and growth.
Other Essential Functions
- Based in London Tower Bridge office or Manchester/Stockport office
- Engineering degree, Chartered Engineer status
- English and preferably a second language
- Willingness to travel on frequent short-duration international business trips
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.