Cleans, inspects and performs light maintenance on light duty motor vehicles. Assists in the pick-up and delivery of test vehicles. Drives specified routes to collect on road data. Assists mechanics and engineers with other garage and lab related tasks as requested. Required: High School graduate. Minimum of 2 years of relative experience in a garage or lab setting.
Experience with vehicle cleaning, oil changes, tire repair and light maintenance.
Proficient in use personal computers and some experience with use of MS Word, Excell and Outlook office applications.
Customer service and support work experience. Some past experience in work place safety programs. Well organized individual that enjoys multi-tasking on daily basis
Must currently have less than 4 points on driving record and without DUI/Visibly Impaired or Reckless Driving charges for the past 5 years.
Vehicle knowledge and or experience with driving test vehicles.
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
% of Time
• PPE required includes safety glasses, safety shoes, gloves, lab coats, bump cap, and occasional hearing protection - 100%
• Lifting up to 50 pounds - 10%
• Climbing - 0%
• Crawling under vehicles to perform maintenance and / or equipment installation - 5%
• High noise level - 5%
Description of Work Environment
% of Time
• Inside facility - 90% ; Standard office 10% Garage or Lab setting
• Driving consumer and customer vehicles on public roads - 10%
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
% of Time
Equipment and Machines:
• Computer - 50%
• Copier - 20%
• FAX- 20%
Criticality of Attendance
• Monday through Friday with occasional overtime which may include weekends as required
• Regular attendance and punctuality is critical
• Primarily dayshift with flexibility to change hours or shift with notice
Other Essential Functions
• Must take and pass a drug test and background check.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
• Must possess a valid MI driver's license.