This job involves the integration, installation, repair, scanning and hardening of Microsoft PCs and servers.
Additional duties include the ability to:
1 - Coordinate, and install applications software and hardware for server and desktop operating systems; Interpret and implement DoD DON IT security policy and compliance measures
2 - Implement appropriate STIGS, IAVA/B/M patch management, and works with IAO and user community to either remediate or mitigate vulnerabilities
3- Interface with IA support staff on matters of information assurance to support and maintain C&A efforts.
Maintains Active Directory.
5- Troubleshoot network and server hardware, software and computer interfaces with vendor and other technical support representatives as needed.
6 - Installs software, apply patches, manage file systems, create users and groups, review log files, diagnose and solve permissions issues, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from DoD, commercial, open source and local monitoring tools.
BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering.
***SUBSTITUTION: Eight (8) years of combined education (at the undergraduate level in any academic field) and experience performing the foregoing functions can be substituted for a BS or BA degree.***
At least three (3) years of recent relevant experience.
At least one (1) year of the total experience shall have consisted of performing computer specialist functions in a "Relevant Technical Discipline".
Experience will include the ability to develop and manage: legacy Server systems, communications infrastructures and resolve Information Assurance challenges. Demonstrated experience in the deployment and installation of MicroSoft 2008/ xxxxxxxserver systems is desired.
U.S. Citizenship and must receive a U.S. DoD Secret Security Clearance with SSBI. Candidate must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level I certification requirements - possess Security + (Ce) and obtain certification in Server 2008/2012 within 6 months of hire.
Unusual or Special Physical Requirements of Position
• Working at a computer or desk (considerations: sitting, eye strain, hand strain)
• Rack mounted computer equipment in raised floor computer room environment
• Use of hand tools and electric screwdrivers will be required
• Use of ladders is expected and necessary training will be provided
Description of Work Environment
• An inside office environment (Considerations: Closed quarters, lighting, and temperature fluctuations) and working in computer labs.
• Needs to have clear, concise and accurate communication skills
• Need to work well with, co-operate, and support clients, supervisors, and co-workers
Equipment and Machines Involved in Work Tasks
• Standard office equipment and machines, computer workstation\
• Computer Servers and encryption equipment
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed
Criticality of Attendance
• Normal hours are Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:00pm, non-flex Fridays 7:00am to 4:00pm
• Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines
• Regular attendance is necessary and required
Other Essential Functions
• Must be able to communicate effectively
• Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with clients, supervisors and co-workers
• Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to the employee or others
• Must be able to support and work in a proactive team environment
• Must hold the safety of yourself and those around you as the number one priority in the workplace
• Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance required
• Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level I certification requirement - Possess a Security +, and possess a current Microsoft OS certification on 2008 server or MS Seven.
• U.S. Citizen possessing a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance with SSBI and must obtain na DoD CAC card to hold this position.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law. To view the DOL's Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster, please click here .