Jacobs serves the PharmaBio, Chemicals, Refining, Pulp & Paper, Power & Utilities, High Tech and Consumer Products Industries. Our core life sciences network has contributed to becoming the largest provider of engineering and construction services to pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients and we have established ourselves as the center of excellence for Pulp and Paper facilities. Jacobs provides full-service engineering, procurement, and construction management services for both new and existing facilities, offering environmental and water / wastewater support, energy audits, and hygienic / sanitary assessments. For projects of every scale we provide design, engineering, construction, commissioning, and maintenance services that support a facility's entire life cycle.
- Candidate will be responsible for leading projects, defining scope and responsibilities, leading a team of engineers/designers
- Must ensure deliverables meet the scope and client expectations
- Support procurement activities, including coordination with vendors and vendor drawing reviews
- Support contractor reviews, and installation planning activities
- Individual will travel globally for machine installation, check out and start up
- Candidate will plan the work, and track and report work in progress
- Will lead a design team for projects, and work with other disciplines to assure the project design is complete and accurate
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required
- 7 to 10 years of related experience is required. Experience with an engineering consulting firm is a plus.
- Candidate should possess good experience on HVAC systems, utilities and fire systems design
- Knowledge of design problems of civil and industrial area of various kinds and, possibly, related to fire protection it would be considered an asset
- Experience in setting, development, evaluation and implementation of projects for air conditioning systems, generation and distribution utilities in the industrial and civil sectors
- Knowledge of issues related to the pharmaceutical, consumer products, and chemical industry would be an advantage
- Knowledge of boiler systems is preferred
- Candidate must be able to calculate heat balance, air balance, mass balance, line sizing, and duct sizing
- Knowledge of international standards such as ASME, AMCA, ASHRAE , SMACNA ACGIL are required
- Should be able to select and size the boilers, fans, coils, duct, and other HVAC elements
- Candidate must possess good communication skills and be able to successfully interact with clients on global projects
- Microsoft Office experience is required
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks experience is preferred
- Domestic and international travel will be required
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.