Jacobs employ some of the UK's most experienced and skilled technical services professionals and has grown to over 9,000 people in locations across the UK.
At Jacobs we provide the resources to turn great ideas into reality, and we're looking for the most talented and passionate individuals out there to be our next generation of leaders.
Jacobs Consultancy is seeking Consultants to work within our Petrochemicals team. Successful candidates will be key members of the team providing consulting services and contributing to business development activities across the full range of the chemical and petrochemical industry. Expertise in particular chemical value chains, such as syngas-based processes, is essential for the Senior Consultant position.
Reporting to the Petrochemicals Director, the Senior Consultant will demonstrate competence in areas including Chemical Process Technology, Project Concept Development, Technical and Economic Evaluation, Investment Strategy Development, Project Management and Project Execution.
The role, in a Consultancy with global reach, provides opportunities to work with a diverse set of clients across a variety of organisational levels from operations to executive, working in a 'sell-do' business model and to be a key member of the Practice.
he successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provide consulting services to clients during all phases of an engagement, including benchmarking, gap analysis, business case development, technical and economic evaluation, justification and project implementation
- Support and lead marketing and business development activities and sell consulting engagement of various sizes
- Meet and present to clients to assist with the selling process
- Lead and manage consultancy assignments with client organizations whilst controlling quality, cost and client satisfaction
- Act as and be recognised as a 'Subject Matter Expert' in specific chemical/petrochemical processes across Jacobs Consultancy and the wider Jacobs
- Prepare and deliver conference papers at international events
- Support the growth of the business.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate depth of experience and knowledge in a number of the following services areas:
- Petrochemical market knowledge
- Specific process technologies, such as syngas-based processes
- Process design
- Process operations
- Project execution
- Technical due diligence (for mergers and acquisitions)
- Performance improvement programs
- Concept development, vision and policy setting
- Direct sales and business development
The candidate must demonstrate competence in the following:
- Able to work within a 'sell-do' model
- Strong self-starter and motivated to succeed
- Practical front-end engineering or consulting - including scoping, selling and delivery
- Excellent communication skills including ability to produce concise reports and presentations appropriate for all levels
- Confidence to work at all levels of a client organisation (Board to Technician)
- Desire to expand role and be adaptable to client's needs;
- Contribute to preparation of proposals, execution plans and budgets
- Identify new opportunities and leads
- Supports a continuous improvement culture and identifies gaps, develops work processes, tools and methodologies to drive productivity and growth
Other Essential Functions
- Based in London office (but other locations considered)
- Engineering degree, Chartered Engineer status
- English and preferably a second language
- Willingness to travel on frequent short-duration international business trips
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and well being of all.