The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our Fort Worth, Texas, Energy and Power unit is looking to add a Senior Mechanical Engineer to their team with a background in Utility Master Planning and Energy Conservation. Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Completing thermal utility (chilled water, steam, hot water, etc) master planning and energy auditing activities as Senior Engineer including energy modeling, heat balance calculations, hydraulic system modeling, cost estimating, equipment selection, and life cycle cost analysis.
- Conducting field investigations to obtain data regarding existing conditions and to identify energy conservation opportunities.
- Completing drawings and specifications as Senior Engineer.
- Coordinating work efforts with multi-disciplined engineering and CADD teams to ensure quality control.
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians.
- Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and engineers and architects and recommends necessary changes.
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Assists with other duties assigned by Project Manager.
- Will attend kick-off and review meetings while interacting with clients or contractors as his or her level of experience progresses.
- May be involved with presentations to clients.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- Current Professional Engineering license.
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years design experience is required with a portion of that experience devoted to responsibilities identified above.
- Must exhibit a strong desire to take ownership of deliverables and have good presentation skills.
- Experience with CAD, BIM design software is desired, but not required.
- Experience with one or more of the following design tools is preferred: hourly load & energy simulation software such as TraneTRACE 700 or CarrierHAP; hydraulic modeling software such as AFT Fathom, Pipe-Flo, or Pipe 2000; and life cycle costing software such as BLCC.
- Experience with similar software packages is also acceptable.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.