The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This part-time position is responsible for oversight of scientific studies, reports and regulatory permits and review of environmental compliance documents under the National Environmental Policy Acts (NEPA). Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Related, similar, or other logical duties are performed as assigned. Jacobs may require employees to perform functions beyond those contained in this job description and may modify job descriptions based on company needs. Jacobs is an "at will", equal opportunity employer.
• Provide oversight for or conduct scientific studies for understanding, characterizing and developing phenomena leading to potential benefits to the human and natural environment. Assists public and private clients with regional planning to balance the conservation needs of rare species with continued economic growth and development.
• Oversees and/or prepares reports and regulatory permits and approvals in compliance with various environmental laws, particularly the U.S. Endangered Species Act.
• Functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
• Reviews and applies procedures for compliance with environmental regulations under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
• Oversees/reviews the preparation of complex EISs, EAs, and other environmental compliance documents. Provides quality control in the preparation of technical studies and public and agency involvement communications.
• Provides experienced judgment in evaluating, selecting, and adapting standard scientific techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Reviews reports of studies by other scientists and requestors.
• Assists with sales activities, including proposal preparation and participation in interviews.
• Assists in preparation of scopes of work and cost estimates.
• Maintains positive client contact and interactions with public regulatory agencies.
• Provides technical guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Master's of Science in a scientific discipline is required
• At least 15 plus years of environmental science experience is required
• Knowledge of the NEPA process and experience preparing environmental compliance documents for highway projects are required.
• Minimum of five years' experience leading the preparation of complex EIS's and EA's is required.
• Computer literacy in software typical of discipline is required.
• Must have exceptional writing and verbal skills and be able to work in a collaborative team approach internally and externally.
• Must be able to assist in preparing scopes of work, conduct quality control reviews, and participate in business development including proposal preparation and interviews.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.