The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of approximately 11,500 employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice and we have a need for a strong civil engineering Project Management professional.
Excellent career opportunity to join the Midtown Atlanta office of Jacobs as a project manager. The Project Manager/Senior Traffic Engineer is expected to have a strong understanding of transportation planning and traffic engineering principles, in addition to good management skills overseeing traffic engineering studies and project staff. Qualified candidates should have experience in the following:
• Traffic engineering studies including: safety studies, intersection operations studies, traffic impact studies, interstate operation studies, corridor studies, access management, capacity analysis, parking analysis, and signal warrant studies.
• Performing trip generation and travel demand forecasting
• Project management activities including developing scopes of services, cost proposals, project schedules, supervising staff, and managing budgets
• Report writing. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Appropriate traffic-related analysis software including Synchro, VISSIM , TSIS, and HCS Software
• GIS and travel demand modeling experience preferred
- Candidate should have a Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering and be a registered professional engineer (or ability to obtain) in the State of Georgia in order to perform the essential elements of the position.
- Candidate should have 10+ years of experience performing traffic engineering studies.
- A Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) registration is desirable but not required.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.