The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
• Project management, team leadership, and mentoring of staff
• Preparing studies, evaluations, and master plans for all types and sizes of water and wastewater projects including waterlines, booster pump stations, water treatment plants, water storage tanks, wastewater collection lines, wastewater lift stations and wastewater treatment plants
• Business development and marketing to help grow with both existing and new clients
• Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates civil engineering work. Also, supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with City, State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
• Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements).
• Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies, subcontractors, and design teams.
• Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
• Participates in contract bidding and administration; observes project action on site.
• Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
• Bachelor's of Science in Civil Engineering and a current PE license is required
• 10+ years of progressive experience for water/wastewater projects is a must
• Project management, staff management, and business development experience is required
• Will need to demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficiency with AutoCAD, standard MS Office products, water and wastewater modeling software is required, any GIS would be a plus
• Project management and design experience of large diameter water and/or sewer pipelines is preferred
• Must have recent experience working with clients in the Dallas market
• Some stormwater background would be a plus. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of water and wastewater treatment plant process, pipeline design, pipeline rehab, and design production
• The candidate must be familiar with TCEQ and EPA design requirements and permitting process.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.