Jacobs Federal Operations provides a wide range of services to government and industry in engineering, environmental, operations and maintenance, scientific, engineering, environmental and technical services. Our clients include USAF, USACE, DOE, USCG, NASA, Dow, TVA, and Denso. We are currently executing many contracts, performing work that is essential to our clients' missions across a broad range of functional areas.
The Geologist will provide technical, scientific support for environmental investigation and remediation projects including all phases of planning, water and soil sampling, monitoring well installation, data analysis, reporting, and subcontractor oversight and management. The successful candidate will be capable of working effectively in both the office and field. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. We are looking for an enthusiastic, dependable, self-starting team player who is organized and able to work effectively in both a team environment and also with minimal supervision. The successful candidate will have the ability to interact successfully with co-workers, clients and regulatory agencies is a must.
- Review procedures for compliance with environmental regulations
- Developing and writing statements of work, work plans, and reports
- Preparing reports of studies for information of others
- Interact with project managers and subcontractors as well as project controls, administrative and safety staff
- Can competently perform all conventional geologist assignments as required
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience required
- BS or MS in geology, geophysics, geography, soil science or other related field of study required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Valid drivers license is required
- Computer literacy in software typical of discipline is preferred
- Experience and familiarity with CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, SDWA and various DoD branch (i.e. USACE, Navy, U.S. Air Force) regulations and reporting requirements a plus.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and subsequent 8-hour refresher certificate(s) desirable but not required
Intermittent sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, and lifting. Lifting requirements limited to 20 lbs in the form of supplies, drawings, etc. Hand manipulation is required for simple grasping, pushing and pulling, and fine manipulation. Right and/or left hands utilized. Occasional need to reach and/or work above the shoulder, for supplies, as well as below the shoulder for same. Must be alert to equipment in the field, will work near construction job site equipment when in the field, occasional need to work near hazardous equipment and machinery, occasional need to walk on uneven ground, exposure to dust, gas or fumes, exposure to noise, extremes in temperature or humidity, and potential work at heights.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.