Frontica’s client provide integrated airport solutions which help to keep passengers moving and flights on time, from designing, installing and managing complex baggage handling systems to fleet management and engineering support for specialist ground support vehicles.
We require a Technical Project Manager to manage a team of Controls Engineers in the delivery of the technical scope of projects throughout the complete project lifecycle from initial concept design through to handover and completion. Based at our clients design office in Leicestershire, with occasional work at the major airports in the South East, you would take responsibility for the following;
- Supporting the preparation and presentation of proposals and tenders, ensuring that sufficient engineering and design work is carried out to enable problem areas to be identified, technical risks minimised/identified and accurate cost estimates prepared.
- Reviewing client tender documents and/or contract documents and preparing a design brief.
- Originating concepts and co-ordinating the preparation and evaluation of conceptual designs and proposals that will meet requirements and cost budgets.
- Reviewing the content of work to be undertaken in the project award stage, assessing engineering and design resource requirements and cost estimates.
- Identifying discrete work packages, generating task schedules, preparing detailed design plans and ensuring these align with overall programme requirements, identifying and agreeing resource and interface requirements.
- Expanding the work breakdown structure and project programme where this will allow more accurate monitoring of spend and progress.
- Agreeing the budget and timescales for all engineering and design tasks.
- Providing the day to day supervision and management of engineering and design staff assigned to the project team, ensuring the activities are completed on time within budget, and at the required levels of quality.
Suitable candidates should have as a minimum, a degree in an engineering or computer science related discipline, and significant experience working with Project teams and an understanding of the project management process. Your technical experience should include; producing software for PLC based control systems (in particular Siemens S7 300/400 PLCs), and a working knowledge of ProfiBus and AS-I networks, and associated devices. You will have led teams of control system engineers on multiple projects, with a strong track record of completing projects on time and on budget.
In addition you will need to possess the ability to provide technical guidance, project support, personal guidance and support, and be capable of demonstrating a structured approach to justifying key engineering decisions.
If you feel you have what it takes to success in this vital, project based role please apply as instructed or contact Frontica for more information.