You will be part of HVDC within the Power Grids division in Ludvika. The HVDC technology has been on the market for the past 60 years and is used to transmit power over long distances with minimal losses, using overhead lines, underground and submarine cable systems. Please find out more about our world leading technology at
ABB HVDC Ludvika is now looking for an experienced leader to further develop our global site management function within Field Operations. In this role, you will have full responsibility for our global site management function, including site staffing, coordination and administration. Your main challenges will be to develop our site management processes, routines and the competencies and skills of your team for increased cost efficiency, competitiveness, on time and on budget delivery and quality on our sites. A strong focus on HSE and integrity is a natural basis for all activities within the department and international travel is part of the job. The team consists of approx. 25 employees and consultants, mainly within site management, site coordination and administration. You will report to the manager of Field Operations and thus contribute to the further development of the department.
Main working tasks:
• Overall responsibility for personnel, budgets, recruitments etc. within site management.
• Develop and follow-up the department and personnel towards goals as set-up within HVDC Field Operations.
• Ensure that ABB's strict policies regarding integrity and compliance are respected.
• Establish, further develop and document routines and processes within site management, including norms and values for a positive attitude and behavior on site.
• Be prepared to travel internationally to negotiate and handle crucial issues on site as needed.
• A university degree within the electrical, mechanical or civil area or equivalent working experience.
• At least 5 years previous experience from site or project management in large complex organizations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Pragmatic oriented with good common sense and a clear morale compass.
• Fluency in English is a must. Other languages are advantageous.
• Experience from construction, installation, commissioning or from HVDC systems generally is an advantage.
In addition to our formal requirements, we assume you are a social, cooperative, independent and structured person with good leadership skills and a good common sense. You also have an ability to combine the need for efficiency and business orientation with caring for your employees.