- The client is one of the largest manufacturers of Gas Turbines in Europe employing over 700 people across the continent.
- In the UK they have a team of more than 250 employees turning over more than £18m in 2015.
- Work with clients such as; BP, Glaxo-Smith & Kline, Cofely, Europac & Petrobras
- Reporting to the European Sales Manager, the Sales Manager will be responsible for liaison with the Sales Team personnel, including Regional Sales Managers, and sales activities within their nominated territories. (The territories include but are not limited to the UK, Ireland, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Scandinavia and Poland.)
- The negotiation and closure of all commercial and contractual aspects of a sale including signing of contracts with delegation to Sales Team personnel as required.
- Initial evaluation and appraisal with relevant Sales Team personnel of potential projects to determine the suitability of the product being offered. This will result in the selection of a particular product line and the required sales strategy to be employed with involvement of European Sales Manager and General Management and other business lines as appropriate.
- Handover of projects - on the successful outcome of the quotation procedure and the acceptance of the Client's purchase order, to manage/supervise the compilation of all relevant documentation for handover of the project to the Projects Department.
The Ideal Person:
- To be successful you will need to be from within the gas turbine industry and have good solid mechanical & electrical understanding.
- Experience selling into Industrial end-users and Energy Management Companies is essential for this role./
- A qualification in Mechanical Engineering would be advantageous but not essential provided you can show a technical understanding.
- Self motivated, self starter, able to deal with closing large orders all over Europe, you will need to be prepared to be travelling for roughly 5 days in 20.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target On Target Recruitment is one of the UK's leading specialist recruitment agencies. Our consultants specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Medical, and Business Solutions sectors. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.