Are you passionate about pursuing a career in a global services organization? Do you have the ability to lead & manage a new repowering function working within the Vestas Service business? Are you looking for a position with a broad scope and high business impact? Then have a closer look at this unique opportunity to deliver significant value to Vestas in a new market segment.
Director P&L Repowering Services
Vestas American Wind Technology
NA Services - US & Canada
Repowering Services is a new P&L reporting directly to the VP Services for AME/NA Service, a key leader in Vestas AME Executive Management. The new P&L will work closely with Service Sales on lead generation, sales pipeline management and commercial offerings, as well as price and margin management. In addition, the P&L will need to build relationships, products and execution models with Engineering (TSS and TOS), Supply Chain and Sourcing, Construction, Transportation, Maintenance Operations and Global Services.
The role will be responsible for the strategic planning, business development, commercial strategy, budgeting and ensuring revenue and margin growth.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an experienced business manager, a team leader, clear thinker, able to design and implement a plan for the team and the business, an ability to collaborate and network, be visionary and innovative, and a disciplined operator delivering with integrity, safety, quality and output.
- Business Development
- Strategic Planning
- Product Management
- Commercial Strategy
- P&L Leadership
- Organizational Development and Team Building
- Operational Excellence
- Lead the development and implementation of new business offering and P&L.
- Work with Service Sales Regions to develop pipeline, opportunities and capture deals.
- Work closely with key engineering, finance, legal, people and culture, supply chain, sourcing, construction, transportation and global service functions.
- Build a range of repowering service offerings for Vestas and Non-Vestas WTG Technologies.
- Analyze the market to identify key dynamics and position Vestas to win.
- Deliver budget, make AOP and drive operational excellence.
- This role will need to navigate across a matrixed organization and lead a virtual team of experts reporting global and regional service teams.
- MBA or Graduate degree required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in commercial or P&L management, engineered solutions, leadership and influencing a matrix organization.
- Functional Sales and Marketing experience.
- Wind Energy industry knowledge and expertise.
- Alignment and association with core values of Simplification, Collaboration and Accountability.
- Highly analytical with a holistic approach and strong problem-solving skills.
- Pragmatic and goal-oriented, but without losing attention to right details.
- Highly self-driven with demonstrated accountability and ownership. Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands. Demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities. Demonstrates a sense of urgency in meeting goals.
- Navigating based on business acumen.
- Confident with ability to build strong relationship and clearly communicate within a matrix set-up.
- Experienced in managing major cross-functional business transformations.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located in Portland, OR
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more the 51,000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of the total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.