If you want to be part of the high-paced, international work environment of Vestas, the global leader in wind energy, now is your chance! Your achievements change the world's energy mix and help preserve our planet for future generations. As part of the HR Team, you have daily impact working with all levels of the organization.
Vestas American Wind Technology
HR Operations - US & Canada
Department Description The Employee Relations Specialist will act as a liaison between Site Leadership, Corporate Office and outside/internal counsel (as needed) for guidance on employee decisions that have potential legal ramifications and to research and resolve more complicated employee issues that cannot be resolved at the site level. Build site leadership skills and knowledge to increase capability in the area of performance management and employee relations.
- Work in consultation with Human Resource Business Partners and under the direction of the Head of HR Operations to resolve employee and manager issues.
- Conducts on-site investigations. Prepares questions, evaluates the information collection and makes recommendations to appropriate manager as to the resolution of the cases.
- Advise and assist managers in communicating disciplinary decisions up to and including separations.
- Provide guidance regarding coaching, counseling and disciplinary actions while enforcing Vestas' policies and procedures.
- Build site leadership capability to manage performance issues through coaching and training
- Identify common deficiencies in people management skills, leave and other workplace benefits and rights administration, develop/implement appropriate company-wide training and reference materials.
- Serve as a resource to the sites relative to infrequent leave and other benefits questions to comply with state-specific requirements
- Develop, review, and update policy and procedures regarding employee relation issues. Communicate new/updated policies as needed.
- Work on projects assigned by Head of HR Operations. This may include analysis of data, documents, meeting with employees and/or managers/administrators, etc. May generate reports and/or summaries from analysis.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 8 years of professional level Human Resources experience.
- Labor relations experience preferred but not required.
- Basic knowledge (although greater proficiency preferred) of employment laws and regulations and guidelines required, including ADA, FMLA, Workers' Compensation, etc.
- Strong business acumen, with experience presenting to senior business leaders, an analytical approach to problem solving, experience designing and project managing successful people programs, and a track record of innovation.
- Possesses strategic thinking and planning/facilitation ability, and flexibility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment. The ability to dive into the details will be critical for success.
- The ability to diagnose problems and identify & implement appropriate solutions.
- The ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively on teams, and consult effectively and independently with all levels of the organization.
- Strong ability to multi-task, takes initiative, negotiate, and influence thinking.
- Demonstrated flexibility working in a dynamic and changing organization.
- Proven skill in the operation and utilization software such as MS Office products i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located within our 4 factories in Colorado- Primary location is Brighton, CO.
WIND. IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US.
By joining Vestas, you join the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our superior, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services.
Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 60 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
Every day, everyone at Vestas works to make Vestas the undisputed global wind leader and the world's energy mix more sustainable - join us, and be part of ensuring a sustainable future for our planet.