Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs oilfield production and process equipment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- To install, troubleshoot and repair various types of industrial HVAC units and systems.
- Occasionally help with other jobs unrelated to HVAC as required. Including but not limited to Fuel Island, Fin Fan, Diesel Engine and Turbine repairs.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
- Candidate must have knowledge of uniform mechanical code.
- Basic understanding of air balancing and airflow fundamentals.
- Must have knowledge of 24 volt control circuits and gas burner operations.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints and wiring schematics.
- Working knowledge of rigging techniques and crane hand signals is preferred.
- Self motivated, able to work under minimum supervision.
- Able to follow all company, client, safety and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, policies, procedures, standards and guidelines as they relate to this position and the work duties being performed
- Ability to complete task hazard awareness and mitigation.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with co-workers and clients
- Adhere to all North Slope and CH2M HILL health, safety and environment policies and procedures at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions.
Must have ability to stand, walk on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, sit, squat, kneel, reach through low and high ranges and exhibit normal balance and coordination. These basic physical requirements are essential for safe performance of the job in harsh environments with exposure to very cold temperatures and while wearing arctic gear Lift 40 lbs from floor to knuckles with one hand x 2 with a 12 second interval, Lift 40 lbs from floor to waist x 2 with a 12 second interval, Lift 40 lbs from floor to shoulders x 2 with a 12 second interval, Lift 40 lbs from floor to crown x 2 with a 12 second interval, Carry 40 lbs with two hands for 40 feet x 6 (Allow a 60 second rest break after each carry), Push horizontally at waist level – 100 lbs peak isometric force (not sustained) Pull horizontally at waist level – 100 lbs peak isometric force (not sustained) Climb stairs, 15 steps x 10 for a total of 150 steps. Self-paced (Allow a 60 second rest break after walking up and down every 50 steps), Stair Climb and Carry: While carrying 40 lbs in one hand and holding onto a railing with the other hand for safety, climb up and down 15 steps x 5 for a total of 75 steps. Self-paced (Allow a 60 second rest break after walking up and down each set of 15 steps) Slanted Ladder: Climb up and down 20 rungs x 3 for a total of 60 rungs. (Allow a 60 second rest period after climbing up and down 30 rungs) Repetitive Kneeling Test: Perform from standing, kneel on one knee, alternate from left to right knee, x 10 each knee, Repetitive Stoop Test: Perform from standing position, bend forward at waist as far as possible without bending the knees with hands reaching toward the floor x 10, self-paced, but continuous, Repetitive Squat Test: Perform a functional squat and stand x 10 Twist and Flex Test: Perform from standing alternate toe touches x 10 to each side to assess ability to twist and flex the trunk repetitively. Minimum Qualifications Valid Driver’s license High School Diploma or GED Must possess a current National or State Refrigeration License 1-2 years working experience in the installation, troubleshooting and repair of Gas Fired Heaters and mechanical HVAC systems Preferred Qualifications Three (3) years experience working in remote North Slope environment Five (5) years experience with the installation, troubleshooting and repair of Gas Fired Heaters and mechanical HVAC systems
This job description is intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of the job incumbents
This position is located on the North Slope and requires a rotational work schedule.
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon:
Demonstrated ability to perform the physical requirements (listed above) of this position via the successful completion of a Fitness for Duty Evaluation;
Negative results in a drug test
Attainment of a North Slope Training Certification (NSTC) via completion of modules
CH2M HILL will schedule and cover program costs for Fitness for Duty Evaluations, drug tests, and NSTC training for job candidates. Candidates will not be compensated for their personal time spent completing these programs or for costs of previously attending the NSTC training, drug test or FFD evaluation.
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CH2M will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO Laws