Leidos Energy & Systems Solutions is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
We have an Electrical Engineer position located in our Orlando, FL location. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for design and planning related activities associated with electric transmission, distribution and substation facilities. This includes preparation of single-lines, schematics, and wiring designs for substations, as well as preparation of system models for load, fault, and protection analysis. Responsibilities will also include preparation of studies and reports for transmission and distribution systems.
- Project scope development
- Relay One Line design
- Three Line AC schematic design
- DC protection schematic design
- Panel layout and wiring design
- Develop Bill of Materials based on design criteria
- Complete project lifecycle support from scoping to final design and implementation
- Construction Support
- Applying the minimum requirements of the National Electrical Safety Code to the design processes
- Working with client standards to implement design
- Working with a designer/drafter to create the required drawings for each project
Successful candidates must comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a member of a design team comprised of engineers, designers, and CAD technicians and will work with client standards to implement designQualifications:
Required Education & Experience:
- B.S. in electrical engineering
- Entry level engineer experience with 1+ year of experience (internships and coops, and/or course work with electric utility design will count).
- Engineer Intern ("EI" or "EIT") professional certification preferred
- Knowledge of substation design and protective relaying a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure situations
- Team player who can work effectively in team environment
- Self-starter who work independently with minimal direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required when interfacing with clients and staff
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills and proven problem solver in both team and independent environments
- High level of computer competency
- Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit xxxxxxx. The company's diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.