Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States. And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, "Together, Building a Better California" is not just a slogan. It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services. They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the job.
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E's electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
The position is a member of the Quality Programs (QP) team within the Vegetation Management program in Electric Asset Management. The QP team performs quality system reviews and process/ compliance audits in Vegetation Management verifying conformance to applicable standards, procedures, and regulations while driving continual improvement and Utility Vegetation Management Excellence. The team also monitors contractor conformance to contracts, standards, and procedures to help ensure public safety and electric system reliability and is charged with maintaining internal Standards and Procedures.
The Quality Assurance Specialist - Senior (SQAS) position leads the Vegetation Management Quality Control program which is comprised of a contract workforce of four senior and 25 Quality Control Technicians, performing QC activities of Pre-Inspection and Tree Work contractors to determine conformance with contracts and internal policies and procedures. The position interfaces directly with internal clients and contractors and reviews work, communicates findings, monitors corrective actions, performs data analysis, and compiles information into nonconformance reports and scorecards.
The position is also responsible for implementing the departments' Document Governance Program which ensures all internal department procedural documents conform to format requirements, have adequate controls built in, are routinely reviewed/revised per schedule, and are accessible in PG&E's EDMS system, Documentum.
• Bachelor's degree in Policy, Management, Risk, Business, Environmental, Forestry, or related discipline or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years of related work experience (i.e. risk, compliance, audit, operations)
• Supervisory experience
• Knowledge of Utility Vegetation Management
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems and principles
• Auditor certification (ASQ, RAB, IIA)
• Six Sigma Green Belt certification
• Utility experience, including general knowledge of the utility industry and utility operations in a regulatory environment
• Strong communication skills for all levels of organization
• Project management skills
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities to completion.
• Ability to engage appropriate SMEs in problem solving teams
• Ability to multi-task and meet critical deadlines while delivering high quality work products
• Accomplished in the use of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio and Access.
• U.S. Armed Services Veteran
• Lead contract QC team of senior and field technicians to ensure conformance with contracts and internal standards and policies.
• Plan and Implement annual work plan and budget for the QC team prioritizing work types across the spectrum of VM activities
• Work with internal IT department to develop and/or revise online reporting systems to communicate and track QC findings
• Develop written reports describing findings, observations, and trends for PG&E and Contractor management
• Communicate results to various levels of management and follow-up on corrective action activities
• Evaluate and monitor internal and contractor Corrective Action/ Preventive Action (CAPA) implementation for effectiveness and other issues that may impact the annual VM operating plan
• Custodian for VM Internal Standards and Procedures
• Leads part-time contract Technical Writer to ensure document revisions are timely and correct
• Monitors and updates Document Review Calendar and liaises with VM Operations to keep procedures current with document review cycle.
• Collaborates with Technical Library staff to ensure VM documents are current and reside it PG&E's electronic document management system, Documentum.
• Collaborates with review teams to develop controls to mitigate risk and exposure.
• Assists in evaluating control deficiencies in accordance with the company's framework for evaluating control exceptions and deficiencies to conclude on potential impact to the company.
• Participate on departmental board teams to improve existing and document new procedures
• Conduct business in a safe and ethical manner in accordance with company standard practices
• Meet all Safety, Compliance and Ethics, and other training requirements
• Conduct work consistent with all Employee Core Competencies