ITSM Portfolio Analyst:
Responsible for providing project management activities on the MCNIS Annual Support Contract for the EP&I/IT Service Management (ITSM) Team. Specific areas of support will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide project management oversight to assist in managing all aspects of project with Government Project Lead in support of ITSM implementation projects
- Provide project management oversight and assist with the management of project scope, risks and schedule changes
- Providing project management oversight and assist with the development and delivery of project level scope requirements from the customer.
- Provides project management oversight when assigned the responsibilities for establishing of new project teams in support of MCNIS identified requirements focusing on ensuring project management standardization and contractors resourcing across the MCNIS project portfolio;
- Demonstrate understanding of project scheduling development and resource loading to capture all work performed in executing project lifecycle;
- Provides project management oversight and assists with the preparation of project artifacts to include but not limited to; project planning artifacts (WBS, OBS, RASCI,), project status reports, project briefs, etc.
- Provides project management oversight and assists with risk management, primarily focusing on assisting the Government Project Lead with the identification, assessment, management expertise, and offer proactive risk mitigation measures for the project(s) assigned;
- Host / Facilitate project team meetings
- Support the Government Project Officer and offer guidance
- Coordinate the conduct of project assessments
- Coordinates the execution of project actions for the government and their support analysts; exercises considerable independence in working with project portfolio management, directs project contractor staff in accomplishing project goals and objectives.
- Exercises extensive participation in management planning; continuously demonstrates effort to improve overall government operations; restructures immediate and long range goals, objectives and plans.
- Other duties as assigned
BA or BS degree in the appropriate discipline from an accredited college or university, plus ten (10) to thirteen (13) years of progressive and relevant experience. Additional relevant education may be substituted for progressive experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified preferred.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) 2011 (V3) Foundation certified preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple small teams, which includes ability to conduct employee performance evaluations.
- Must have in-depth understanding of ITIL processes and the necessary tasks to develop, document and implement within large IT environments.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience and understanding of DoD/DON IT Acquisition Program Management disciplines (experience in an ACAT program) a plus.
- Experience and understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) implementation projects based upon ITIL best practices a plus.
- Knowledge of DoD Direct Collaboration Service (DCS) or WebEx teleconference equipment and use Web-hosted sharing products (i.e. SharePoint) a plus.
- Requires technical writing capability at the expert level. Includes the ability to demonstrate proper technical writing skills (i.e. use of proper grammar, sentence structure, sentence syntax, and verb tense).
- Ability to coordinate or support multiple tasks during meetings (i.e. run computer, take notes, capture action items etc.).
- Experience with quality control oversight of product development and delivery a plus.
- The ability to demonstrate confidence in performing in a fast paced, ever changing working environment is a plus.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project is a plus.
- Must have, or be able to obtain and maintain, a DoD Secret Clearance.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle or within a NOC (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. The position is located in Dumfries, VA.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require filing, typing, and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, included but not limited to: bending, reaching, turning and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work, walking moderate to long distances may be required.
Equipment and Machines
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday-Friday. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements.
Other Essential Functions
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel to and from customer's locations and the test fields may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.