JACOBS is one of the world's largest and most diverse providers of technical and management services. We offer a full spectrum of consultancy support to commercial, government and industrial clients across many sectors. With offices in Dublin, Cork and Belfast, our Ireland Operations boasts an extensive portfolio spanning industry sectors from infrastructure and buildings to semiconductor and pharmaceutical.
Our Buildings and Infrastructure team provides multidisciplinary solutions to water, highways, transport, environment, waste and energy clients in Ireland. From feasibility studies and planning, design, construction management and operations and maintenance, we bring together the talent and expertise necessary to deliver success.
Our Inside Sales and Innovation team support the business development needs of the organisation locally and the UK, as well as supporting our global team.
We currently have an opportunity for an Business Development Manager within our B&I Inside Sales and Innovation team based in Dublin. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
The primary responsibility of the role is to drive disciplined application of our three-phase Relationship Based Sales (RBS) Process: (1) develop and advance client relationships prior to opportunity identification (Opening Game); (2) strategically position us for specific opportunities (Middle Game); and (3) develop high-quality opportunity-specific response documents with competitive and compelling sales messages to satisfy client business goals (End Game). This role positions us to win work and supports global growth of our businesses.
This ISM will be located full time (40 hours per week) in the Dublin office Travel between Jacobs offices are reimbursed.
- Organise, direct and motivate a multidiscipline pursuit team to develop strategic sales deliverables.
- Support Sales Leads and Operations in key Opening Game activities, e.g. client, competitor and market research, development of documented Core Client Strategies, participation in 10:1s, development of Executive Summaries and White Papers.
- Actively work with sales and operations to develop and implement Middle Game action plan, e.g. document due diligence in project brief, develop win plan, SWOT analysis, and Executive Summary, conduct Go/No Go and strategy review, identify execution team.
- Plan, organize and direct all elements of End Game, e.g. analyze client request, develop response plan (Bid & Proposal budget, response team, compliance check-list, response outline, schedule), initiate Go/No Go, conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with team to develop response sections, refine Executive Summary, conduct in-progress reviews, schedule Pricing Reviews, ensure on-time delivery of response.
- Translate the Win Strategy into key themes and produce compelling sales documents utilizing benefits statements, graphics, and proofs.
- Work with Sales Lead and Capture Manager/Operations to develop B&P estimate, gain approval, regularly monitor B&P spending, and report any significant variances.
- Work with Capture Manager/Operations to develop innovative solutions, or leverage corporate network to identify existing capabilities, that respond to client challenges and create a distinctive competitive advantage.
- Develop and maintain qualification materials including project descriptions, experience matrices/overviews, safety and quality statistics, capability statements, etc. Specifically work with Operations to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials.
- Share sales materials, information, knowledge and best practices with other Inside Sales team members company wide.
- Ensure that all sales documents comply with our Corporate Identity Program and client confidentiality requirements.
- Ensure sales process close-out procedures comply with requirements for SOX and ISO certification, as required.
- Support Global Sales by timely preparation of press releases, providing input to the Annual Report, and support of Global Sales initiatives as appropriate.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 years of relevant sales or engineering experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines/budgets
- Proactive, self-motivator
- Level 8 Business or Engineering (or related) degree
- Relevant job experience and performance may be accepted in lieu of degree level education
- Strong capability in Microsoft Office suite and with proficiency in database applications.
- Strong communication skills.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.